AGREE OR DISAGREE?
Hey there! Thank you so much for stopping by and Welcome to this post!
I’ve decided to be writing shorter posts on topics I often get questions on or even matters close to my heart (in terms of food of course!) I think it will help my consistency plus provide a better platform for me to hear your thoughts. So here we go:
1. PIZZA INN IS PIZZA.
Before you stone me, just hear me out. I grew up only knowing Pizza Inn as the place to get pizza from. Therefore, I was sort of conditioned to love it. Now that I’m older, I realise people only eat here often because the outlets are many and they are (‘apparently’) affordable! Today, I would not think of pizza inn when getting a pizza because I have had better elsewhere (at the same price, less or more) and I am kinda bored of it. Who knows, maybe two weeks from now, I’ll be done with my hiatus and be ready to indulge for old times sake. What are your thoughts on this place?
Small/Regular- 500/= to = 550/=
Medium – 750/= to 800/=
Large – 950/= to 1000/=
Mega -1150/= to 1200/=
OFFER: On Tuesdays, 2 large pizzas @ 1000/= and 2 medium pizzas @ 800/= (restricted to certain flavours)
See more on Pizza Inn here.
2. MY MUM OWES ME AN APOLOGY FOR NOT TELLING ME ABOUT DEBONAIRS SOONER.
Growing up, we never bought Debonairs. It was never on our way plus my mum was obsessed with Pizza Inn. The first time I had a Debonairs, I was thoroughly impressed. It was like I was blind and now I could see (not that I know what that’s like. But I can imagine it’s eye-opening. No pun intended.) 😉
To date, I love their pizzas. Shout out to my high school friend; Karen for showing me the light. We were talking about pizzas one day in school and I told her I’d never had Debonairs. She couldn’t believe how that was even possible because at the time, her family would get Debonairs every Friday cause of the offer or would they get it every Sunday. Point is, she had it A LOT and was happy to bring me some the next day/week at school. Thanks Karen! I’ve never looked back since.
Small/ Real Deal – 500/to = 600/= except Margherita which is 350/=
Medium/ Standard – 700/= to 800/=
Large – 900/= to 1050/=
- Four Pizzas @ 900/=. I don’t know why I’m only seeing this now or how legit it is. From the picture used on the website, it looks like they are small square pizzas. I’ll let you be the judge.
- Two large pizzas @ 1250/= and two medium pizzas @ 1000/=
See more on Debonairs here.
3. PIZZA MOJO IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD!
I went here first with my brother and sister. My brother had tried it & loved it; so he was excited to show this new discovery to us! He insisted we try the sausage and avo pizza which turned out to be really good. I wouldn’t say it’s better than Debonairs cause I love the Debonairs sauce more than life itself. However, I will say that I would have this in place of Debonairs anyday.
Small/ Regular – 900/to = 950/= for 2 pizzas or 500/= to 600/= for one pizza.
Medium- 1350/= to 1500/= for 2 pizzas.
Large – 1750/= to 1950/= for 2 pizzas.
Don’t be fooled, it’s the same cost as the rest of the places if you do the math.
See more on Pizza Mojo here.
4. NO FRUITS OR OLIVES ON PIZZA PLEASE.
I won’t even explain this because it’s absurd. Kindly let us stop this nonesense. Yes, pineapples count!
5. MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, RESTAURANTS THAT DON’T SPECIALISE IN PIZZA HAVE THE BEST PIZZA!
I have tried pizza at the following restaurants:
1. Artcaffe – portion is only for one though quality is good. What’s shown was 1,150/=. See review here.
2. Mugz & Brewz – 2nd Best restaurant pizza I’ve had. Let’s not forget the amazing 2 for 1 offer on Sunday! 1200/= for a large pizza! See the review here.
3. Terrace Restaurant at Intercontinental Hotel – amazing chicken tikka masala pizza for just 1000/=. See review here.
4. Gipsy Restaurant & Bar – a bit pricey (1200/= to 1300/=), smaller portion but amazing quality! 2 for 1 offer on Wednesdays. See reviewhere.
5. Mambo Italia. Portion is for one. I had the carnivore for 850/= and didn’t like it. See reviewhere. I’m told the Zanzibari is amazing!
6. Geco Cafe. Large pizza @ 600/=. Value for money and delicious! See the review here.
7. La Cascina. The best restaurant pizza I’ve ever had to date. Portion for one but amazing quality @ 1000/=. See the review here.
WHERE ELSE HAVE YOU HAD PIZZA? Let me know in the comment section below!
Fun Fact: Pizza and Burgers are often the most affordable items on a menu.
Thank you so much for stopping by!